2013. július 10., szerda

Use the Right Word to describe ... + job interview


SMILE and be confident!



To describe your skills the following adjectives are useful


I'm (said that I'm) ...

accurate
active
broad-minded
open-minded
consistent
persistent
purposive
confident

self-conscious
creative
determined
efficient
energetic
enthusiastic
experienced


flexible
honest
innovative
logical
loyal
motivated
objective
outgoing
sociable

pleasant
positive
practical
productive
reliable
responsible
sensitive
sincere

helpful
successful
hardworking

talented
precise
ambitious,
but not an eager-beaver
not a high-flier or a perfectionist

decent
correct
eligible
convenient
appropriate

http://szotar.sztaki.hu/en/search?searchWord=megfelel%C5%91&fromlang=hun&tolang=eng&outLanguage=eng


pronanciation - kiejtés: http://howjsay.com

***
Goals:
I appreciate if someone has a good sense of humor beside tenacity. It is worth having skills and abilities, not just qualifications to work accurately, precisely and adequetly.... 

If I wanted to perform well, I'd need to have excellence and commitment. I have not much experience, but I'm good at learning and understanding new fields, areas and face challenges. If I work among open-minded people, it'll be easier to adapt.


Money:
"Money talks" That's true, but....
Money is important, but not the most important!  "Money is a means to an end."

***
 Use these verbs and adjectives and really sell yourself. You only have a few minutes to show how good you really are. By using this precise vocabulary and being confident can help you make the best impression possible.

http://esl.about.com/od/businessspeakingskills/a/job_interview.htm

job interview

What do you consider the most important thing about a job?
What would you say is less important?
How important is money to you?

I think I can only make a success of my job if I am interested in it. So this is the most important thing to know that you are doing the right job. Of course, you should be adequatly paid for your work so that you don’t have to work on the side. It’s good to have responsibility and freedom in decisions as well as a chance of promotion.

What does work mean to you?
Does your present job meet your requirements?
What do/don’t you like about it?
Would you like to retire from your present job or are you considering changing your job?

… it is a rewarding profession if you like dealing with people. It is demanding and you have to know a lot about your subject. But it is satisfying when it demands the best of you. It gives you a sense of achievement and sometimes even self-respect. I think I mostly enjoy the relationships with the people and that the work itself is a kind of education for me. It teaches me about others and myself. What I don’t like about my job is that I have to work at home as well and that it is very much underpaid. Anyway, I think I would like to continue doing this job until I retire.

My job does not really meet the requirements I used to have as a naive youngster. It doesn’t use my abilities or stretch my brain. It is monotonous and soul-destroying. I am not working now, I'm between two jobs - because I have to keep body and soul together. I would much prefer to spend the day doing something else.

****

Atmosphere and conditions at work
Good points: -
to get on well with boss and colleagues
good chance of promotion
to have kind and helpful workmates
to have job satisfaction
to draw a high salary
to get a bonus /commission
to work in pleasant and healthy surroundings
training facilities given

Bad points:
to do a lot of overtime
to be dead tired
all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
to be badly-paid
poor prospects
nerve-racking conditions
no responsibility, no freedom

***

Job interview
-    give details of one’s education /qualifications/ past experience
-    to be interested in the job
-    to send personal references
-    to agree on the salary /bonuses /pension scheme/ hours of work / holidays
-    to be entitled to annual increments of salary
-    to work in shifts
-    to work on the day /morning I afternoon I night shift
-    to work flexitime
-    to work fixed hours
-    to do a nine to five job
-    to work from 6 to 2 / long hours
***


COVER LETTERS:

I’m glad to apply for the post of ................. I have had some years experiences of .........., because I’ve been working as a ................... for  Company ............and I’m studying at ....................

I’ve been working for ........., and my tasks are:


My qualification are: ..............


I believe that my personal qualities also entitle me to do this job. I’m sociable and I love working with people. I’m really sensitive to their problems and I get on well with the people, I’m said to be purposive, persistent, outgoing, enthusiastic, reliable, sociable, well-balanced, flexible and accurate.
I like new ideas and working in a good team is really attracts me.
I’m willing to learn and to face new challenges. I speak fluently German and I have an advanced language exam in German, I have a good command of English as well, I have an intermediate language exam in English

I’m good at making connection with people, I’ve got up-to-date experiences of ….

I would like a post, where I could use my knowledge, and where accuracy, excellence and commitment is an advantage,  where I could use my qualifications and abilities and I have an opportunity to develope myself.

***

Dear Sir/Madam,
I wish to apply for the position of …………… advertised by your company.
As you will see from my attached Curriculum Vitae I have had several years experience relating to the position in both the sales and marketing fields. During my career it has always been my ambition to seek new challenges and possibilities. In my current position I cannot realise these ambitions. For these reasons I would be interested in the advertised position. My contacts and the targets I have reached throughout my working life, my abilities and knowledge of the English Language, in my opinion make me ideal for this position.
I have attached my CV in both Hungarian and English with a passport-sized photograph. I thank you for attention in this matter and look forward to the opportunity of a personal meeting.
I am attainable for an initiate contacts on 12/345-789 phonenumber.

Best regards, ……

****

To Whom It May Concern:
I apply the …………….. position, which was advertised on Job4smarts web site..
I believe I am the right person for this position because I have experience and knowledge to make successful the company's …..   department.
I have the ability to solve complex problems from a practical point of view. Adaptable to varied work environments.
I have a superior management skills. I am able to work well individually or as part of a team. I manage to maintain a positive attitude even in stressful situations.

****
Curriculum Vitae

Personal Information

Name              
Sex              
Permanent Address      
Telephone Number      

Work Experience

Education

Further Plans

My further plans include using my ability and initiative to work on my own and to develop the position to its full potential.
A challenging and flexible position in a good team where well-done work ensures self-fulfilment.
I am willing to learn and study new fields.

Knowledge of software

Advanced PC user experience: Excel, Word, Internet

****

Do I have to work at weekends?
Will I get some extra money if I work at weekends?
What about my paid holiday if I work here?

Can I have a question, please?
Can you tell me something about the details?

Let me introduce myself.
Nice to meet you.

***


NEGOTIATION of the compensation package

First of all, you have to make sure if it is worth negotiating.
You should know almost everything the company using the Net or anything else. You'd better get a line of the current salaries. Previously you should emphasise your complex personality, character (reliability, good command of English and so on we talked about) and your growth potential (willingness to learn, ability to learn new fields, control and check yourself, excellent knowledge, special fields, and motivation)

If you are in the situation -answering the 'salary-included question'- you might use the sentence below:

"Regarding my abilities, background, knowledge, experience, growth potential and the special workload, I believe that the reasonable upper level of compensation package ( plus fringe benefits) would be suitable/adequate for me."


SMILE and be confident!


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Megjegyzés: Megjegyzéseket csak a blog tagjai írhatnak a blogba.