2023. március 15., szerda

Levélírás 3


Mindkét írásbeli esetében az elvárásokhoz tartozik a tartalom, a layout (kinézet), vocabulary
(megfelelő szókincs), grammar (megfelelő nyelvtani struktúrák használata).

1. Informal letter:
1.1 Useful language (hasznos szókincs):

Beginnings
• Thanks for your letter. It was great to hear from you.
• Sorry I haven’t written for so long. I’ve been really busy recently.
• I thought I’d better write and let you know that…


Endings
• That’s about all my news. Do write soon and let me know what you’ve been
doing.
• Once again, thanks very much for all your help last week.

Apologizing
• I’m really sorry that I couldn’t come to your party but unfortunately I had flu all
weekend

Inviting/reacting to invitations
• Why don’t you come and stay at my house next weekend?
• Thanks for the party invitation. I’d love to come.
• It was really kind of you to invite me to come sailing, but I’m afraid I’m going
away with my parents that weekend.

Requests
• Do you think you could find out how much tickets for the concert are going to
be?
• Would it be all right if I borrowed your car?

Congratulations
• Congratulations on getting the job
• Jim and I just wanted you to know how pleased we were that you did so well in
your exams.

1.2 példa:
Next month you are going on holiday. Now you are writing to a English speaking
friend to: tell them about your holiday plans and ask them about theirs, make an
arrangement to see them before the holiday.

Dear Peter, (Találj ki egy nevet! Ne így kezdd: Dear friend!)

Sorry I haven’t written for ages, but I’ve been very busy revising for exams.
I’m sure you must have been doing the same. It’s great they’re all over but now we
just have to wait for the results! (az első bekezdésben általános információkat közlünk,
elnézést kérünk, ha rég nem írtunk, vagy megindokoljuk, hogy miért írunk)

Anyway, how are you? I’m really looking forward to the holidays. I’m going to
Spain with a group of friends. I can’t wait to get some sun, go swimming and lie on
the beach. It’ll be fantastic! What are you doing for your summer holiday? (a levelet
bekezdésekre osztjuk – ez legyen nyilvánvaló, mivel sokat számít a külalak)

I would love to see you before I go, so perhaps we could meet up some time. I’m free
all next weekend, so why don’t you give me a call and we can arrange something?

Do say ‘Hi!’ from me to all your family.

Love,
Dani (Megfelelően zárjuk a levelet.)

2. Transactional letters:


• Giving information
• Asking for information
• Making a complaint
• Asking for suggestions

1.1 Useful language (hasznos szókincs):

Requesting information:
• I am writing in response to your advertisement in Friday’s edition of The
Times
• I would be grateful if you could send me…
• I am writing to enquire about…
• I would like to know more about

Complaining:
• I am writing to you about an unfortunate incident that took place in your shop
yesterday
• To make matters worse, we were told that there was no record of our reservation
• I would be grateful if you could refund the cost of the holiday as soon as possible

1.2 példa:
You recently read and advertisement for English courses. You are interested in attending the
course but you would like some more information. Write a letter to the school in an
appropriate style.

Dear Sir/Madam, (Ha nem tudjuk, hogy pontosan kinek írjuk, akkor így kezdjük.)
I am writing in response to your advertisement in yesterday’s edition of The Guardian. I am
very interested in your courses and would be grateful if you could let me have some more
information about them. (Az első bekezdésben indokold meg, hogy miért írsz.)

Firstly, I am intending to do a course for the First Certificate exam, so I would
like to know when the next course will start and finish, and also how many hours a
week the course is.

In addition, could you tell me what kind of social activities the school offers? I
am particularly keen on sports.

Finally, I would be interested in staying with a local family but would like to
know how far these families are from the school and the local town. (Használj
kötőszavakat: firstly, secondly, in addition, finally.)

I look forward to hearing from you (Ez a helyes nyelvezet a formal letter esetében)

Yours faithfully, (Ha a levelet úgy kezdjük, hogy Sir/Madam, akkor úgy zárjuk, hogy
yours faithfully, ha pedig úgy kezdjük, hogy Dear Mr. Brown, akkor úgy zárjuk, hogy
Yours sincerely – ez csupán a formal letter típusra érvényes.)

Christina Perez

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Megjegyzés: Megjegyzéseket csak a blog tagjai írhatnak a blogba.