2019. február 24., vasárnap

50 phrases we should all say to our kids




Expressing belief in your child

  • ’I trust you’
  • ’I believe in you’
  • ’I respect your decision’
  • ’It won’t be easy, but I’m certain you’ll do it’
  • ’You’re doing everything right’
  • ’You understand this perfectly’
  • ’How did you manage to do this so well?’
  • ’Teach me how you do it, so I can succeed like you’
  • ’You can do it better than I can’
  • ’You’re better at this than me’

Crediting their hard work

  • ’I can see how much work you put into this’
  • ’I can see how hard you tried’
  • ’You worked so hard on this, and you achieved it perfectly!’
  • ’You’re making fantastic progress!’
  • ’I can see you spent a lot of time on this’
  • ’I can imagine how much effort you had to put in to achieve this!’
  • ’You must have worked so hard to get this result!’
  • ’All that hard work paid off!’

Being thankful for the time you spend together

  • ’I really appreciate you spending time with me’
  • ’I can’t wait to play with you tomorrow’
  • ’It’s so interesting to do this with you’
  • ’I really enjoyed playing with you’
  • ’I’m so glad you’re at home with me’
  • ’I’m having so much fun being with you’

Helping them evaluate their own performance

  • ’What do you think about this?’
  • ’You must be so proud!’
  • ’What’s the thing your most proud of?’
  • ’What’s your opinion on this?’
  • ’How would you evaluate your own work?’
  • ’And what do you think of the result?’
  • ’How do you wish it had gone?’

Being thankful for their help

  • ’Thank you so much for doing this’
  • ’I’m so grateful that you helped me with this’
  • ’You really helped me out’
  • ’Thanks for understanding’
  • ’I don’t know what I would have done without you’
  • ’Without your help I wouldn’t have succeeded’
  • ’You helped me to get through this quicker’
  • ’The house is so tidy thanks to you’

Describing what you see

  • ’Your bedroom is so clean!’
  • ’Wow, you’ve made your bed! Fantastic!’
  • ’There are so many beautiful colours in this picture!’
  • ’I can see that you really tried hard’
  • ’I noticed that you cleared the table yourself. Well done!’

Describing how you feel

  • ’I just love spending time with you so much’
  • ’I’m so happy when you’re at home’
  • ’I love being part of your team’
  • ’I love hearing your opinion’
  • ’I’m so incredibly grateful that I have you’
  • ’It makes me so happy when you’re around to help me’

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Megjegyzés: Megjegyzéseket csak a blog tagjai írhatnak a blogba.