2013. március 23., szombat

travelling


TRAVELLING

Part I.
1. Íme egy kis történet egy utazásról. Különösen figyelj a kiemelt szavakra, velük lesz még késõbb dolgod.
My best friend, Samuel and me have been bitten by the travel bug, so we decided to go to Italy during the summer. Sam suggested going by car, but I tried to convince him that travelling by train, or plane is much more comfortable. Besides, I know he drives at beakneck speed and I'm often carsick, so I told him I would rather go on foot, but not in his car! Anyway, we set off on a warm summer morning and saw lovely towns, little picturesque villages, all the beauty spots in Italy, I must say, including the mountains. I can hardly find words to describe the view from the peak; breathtaking, magnificient or maybe stunning? Well, I did in fact find some words in the end! It was a really scenic journey. It was the first time I had ever been abroad and I really enjoyed every minute of it. Interestingly enough, I was not at all carsick. Yes, as you may have guessed, he convinced me to go in his car and I finaly gave in.


Elolvasván a fenti kis történet-töredéket biztosan tudsz válaszolni az alábbi kérdésekre

1. A beautiful szóra milyen szinonímákat tanulhattál?
2. Hogy van az angolul, hogy beadja a derekát? (segítség: angolul derék nélkül van!)
3. Ha gyalog megyek, akkor NEM *by foot, hanem ______________ a kifejezés, amit használok!
4. Az abroad
szó elõtt helyes a ______________________ prepozíció.
5. Ha a kocsiban hányingerünk van, akkor angolul________________ vagyunk. (a tengeri beteg em
ber pedig: __________________).
6. Ha be vagyunk sózva, utazni akarunk minden áron, akkor megharapott minket a ________________ (angolul: _______________)
7. Elindulni angolul a _________________________ kifejezéssel lehet.


2. Most pedig következzék néhány 'utazásos' idézet, ti hogyan fordítanátok le?

Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.
Charles Kuralt (segítség: coast to coast: keleti parttól a nyugati partig az USA-ban)




 
Washington is the only place where sound travels faster than light. (segítség: a sound itt más értelemben áll!!)
C. V. R. Thompson




 
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)



 
Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination. (segítség: destination: úticél)
Roy M. Goodman



 
He who would travel happily must travel light. (segítség: travel light: sok cucc nélkül utazni)
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



 
Own only what you can carry with you; know language, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.
Alexander Solzhenitsyn (segítség: let itt kb.: legyen)



 
It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, and certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off.
Woody Allen (segítség: one's hat keeps blowing off: kb. az embernek állandóan leesik a kalapja)



 

Part II.
  1. Az alábbi két dobozban utazással kapcsolatos kifejezések, valamint az õ jelentésük található. Párosítsd össze õket, majd segítségükkel fordítsd le az alatta lévõ magyar szöveget.
 

1. Sling a) make it possible for sb to do sth
2. enable sb to do sth
b) the way the backpack is packed
3. weight distribution
c) the tradition of a country
4. pack/unpack
d) cheap
5. off the beaten track
e) a holiday organized by a travel agency
6. peak season/off-peak season
f) an important fact
7. (the) customs
g) you don't have to pay for it
8. (a) custom
h) the office on the border of two countries
9. cut-price (tickets)
i) throw
10. package (tour) holiday
j) far from everything
11. free of charge
k) main season/season without many tourists
12. a key factor
l) put things into/take things out of a suitcase




Az egy dolog amit ki nem állhatok az utazásban az a be és kicsomagolás. Általában csak bedobok valamit a hátizsákomba és aztán azon mérgelodöm, hogy megint nem figyeltem az egyenletes súlyelosztásra. (Meg persze elképzelem, hogy a vámosok mit fognak szólni a vámnál, ha meglátják a rendetlenséget. ) De ha készen vagyok a pakolással már csak az indulással törodöm. Inkább a holt szezont kedvelem és soha nem tudnám elképzelni, hogy társasútra menjek olyan emberekkel, akikhez semmi közöm. Mivel diák vagyok, körülnézek, hátha találok olcsó jegyet, ami gyakran megesik ha az utolsó pillanatra hagyom, vagy ha olyan helyet választok, ami a világ végén van. Nem csoda, hisz a legtöbb turista csak a fobb helyeket nézi meg, és egyáltalán nem érdekli egy-egy ország szokásai. Számomra azonban fontos tényezo, hogy annyi helyet lássak amennyit csak lehet. Hallottam, hogy van egy szervezet, amely lehetové teszi emberek számára, hogy ingyen eltöltsenek egy-két napot egy kedves családnál.
2. A következõ feladatban a repülésen kívül az igekötõs igéken (phrasal verbs) van a hangsúly. Az angol szövegbe magyar igéket csempésztünk, ezeket kellene a megfelelõ phrasal verb-el behelyettesíteni.

  1. On the Plane.
    In the aeroplane James's mother gave the boarding cards to the stewardess, who
    odavezette õket a helyükre. They sat down, and his mother showed him how to bekapcsolni his seat belt.
    'Sit still, and don't állj/kelj fel until I say you can,' she said, lighting a cigarette.
    'No smoking until we are in the air, please,' said a stewardess.
    'I'm sorry,' said James's mother. 'I'll eloltom'.
    'Are we going to fellszállni now, Mom?' asked James, eager to be in the sky. 'My favourite bit is when the plane felgyorsul and visszanyom into your seat.'

    2. A Problem at the Airport.
    When they arrived at the airport, they went straight to the desk, becsekkoltak . and collected their boarding cards. Then, as they were buying a cup of coffee, the public address system kiáltotta. Nigel's name.
    'I wonder what they want,' he said. Can you vigyázni. the bags, Jill? I hope they get it elrendezve. before the plane felszáll..'
    He heard his name being called again.
    'Várjanak.,' he said. 'I'm coming.'







 
 
 
1. breathtaking, stunning, magnificient view, a scenic journey, picturesque villages, beauty spot (szép hely/táj) 2. to give in 3. on foot
4.semmilyen prepozíció! Ez elé a szó elé minden magyar állandóan prepozíciót akar pakolni, pedig nem kell (esetleg kivételt jelenthet az alábbi eset: He came back from abroad
. = Visszajött külföldrõl.).
5. carsick (a tengeri beteg ember pedig:
seasick) 6. Ha be vagyunk sózva, utazni akarunk minden áron, akkor megharapott minket az 'utazó bogár' (angolul: travel bug)
7. Elindulni angolul a set off kifejezéssel lehet.
1.1-i, 2-a, 3-b, 4-l, 5-j, 6-k, 7-h, 8-c, 9-d, 10-e, 11-g, 12-f

The only thing I can't stand in travelling is packing and unpacking. Usually I sling in some things in my packpack and then I am angry that I haven't paid attention to weight distribution. (And of course I imagine what the customs officers will say at (the) customs if they see this mess.) But when I'm done/ready/finished with packing, I only care about setting off. I prefer the off-peak season and I could never imagine going on a package (tour) holiday with people I have nothing to do with. Being a student/ As I am a student, I look around to see if I can find any cut-price tickets, which often happens if I leave it to the last minute or if I choose a place off the beaten track. It's hardly surprising, because most tourists only visit the most important sights/places and they don't care about the customs/traditions of a country. To me, however, it is a key factor to see as many places as I can. I've heard that there is an organization which enables people to spend one or two days at a nice family's/ with a nice family free of charge.
On the Plane. In the aeroplane James's mother gave the boarding cards to the stewardess, who showed them to their seats. They sat down, and his mother showed him how to do up his seat belt. 'Sit still, and don't get up. until I say you can,' she said, lighting a cigarette. 'No smoking until we are in the air, please,' said a stewardess. 'I'm sorry,' said James's mother. 'I'll put it out.' 'Are we going to take off. now, Mom?' asked James, eager to be in the sky. 'My favourite bit is when the plane speeds up. and pushes you back. into your seat.'
A Problem at the Airport. When they arrived at the airport, they went straight to the desk, checked in and collected their boarding cards. Then, as they were buying a cup of coffee, the public address system called out Nigel's name. 'I wonder what they want,' he said. Can you look after the bags, Jill? I hope they get it sorted out before the plane takes off' He heard his name being called again. 'H

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Megjegyzés: Megjegyzéseket csak a blog tagjai írhatnak a blogba.