2016. január 5., kedd

Beszédfordulatok 2 + giving advice and recommendations

Who are you going with? With whom are you going? - Kivel mész?

Where do you think you are? - Mit gondolsz, hol vagy?
Who do you think you are? - Mit gondolsz, ki vagy?
What was I supposed to do? - Mit vártál tőlem, mit tegyek?
Could you believe that? - beszélgetés befejezése, nem igazán kérdés - Hát ilyet!?
I was wondering, if you could get this-and-this as well. = Please, bring me this-and-this from the shop.
I guess - I think
Obviously - Sure, of course, certainly
Definitely, absolutely - OK, totally, perfectly
There's no need to be rude - Don't be rude, be polite!
It's worth doing it. - It will be good.
(There's) no doubt... - semmi kétség

LIKE és barátai


Do you fancy going to the picture? - Do you want to go to the movie? Would you like?
I'm fond of doing it. - I like doing it. I'm interested in doing/ it.
I'm keen on doing.

I feel like going. Van kedvem...  (I don't feel like dancing... Nincs kedvem. )
I'm good at math/doing crosswords... Jó vagyok...



*** Giving advice- had better/ would rather

What if you take (it) into consideration... - ... figyelembe vennéd, hogy
You'd better - You should... -  Jobb lenne, ha te...
I'd rather - I should, I need - Én inkább ...

If és barátai:

If I were in your place...   A helyedben
If I were you ... I would...

I wish you were here. - Bárcsak
If only you had it.


******************************************************************

Giving advice - Basic
  1. (I think/I really think) you need to/must/should ...
  2. How about ...?
  3. It is usually a good idea to ...
  4. My suggestion/advice is (to) ...
  5. Why don't you ...?
  6. You could (try) ...
  7. You probably/definitely/really should ...

  1. Have you tried ...?
  2. I (would) (strongly) suggest/advise that ...
  3. If I was/were you, I'd ...
  4. In my experience, ... works really well.
  5. It's generally best/a good idea to...
  6. One idea is to ...
  7. One thing you could/should/have to do is ...
  8. The best/most important thing (to do) is to ...
Bonus - extra cool:
  1. ... might work.
  2. ... would probably work.
  3. ... (always) works for me.
  4. If I was/were in your place, I'd ...
  5. If that happened to me/In that case/If I had that problem, I'd ...
  6. My (main/personal) recommendation is/would be ...
  7. You'd better ...
  8. In this (kind of) situation, I (would) always recommend/advise ...

  1. (If I was/were) in that (that kind of) situation, I'd ...
  2. Have you thought about ...?
  3. If it was/were me, I'd ...
  4. Make sure you (don't) ...
  5. The sooner you ... the better.
  6. Whatever you do, ...
  7. Your only option is to ...
  8. You have no choice but to ...

  1. ... is worth a try.
  2. A (self-help) book I read recommends ...
  3. A piece of advice from ... that I'd like to pass on is to ...
  4. A wise man once said ...
  5. As the proverb says, ...
  6. I can't recommend ... strongly enough.
  7. You should ..., no doubt about it.
  8. It might be an old wives' tale, but ...


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Megjegyzés: Megjegyzéseket csak a blog tagjai írhatnak a blogba.