2016. január 5., kedd

Belief and opinion - in essay writing, useful oral expressions

Verbs connected with beliefs and opinions - I think/ I believe:


I'm convinced we've met before. (very strong feeling that you're right)
I feel she shouldn't be forced to do the job. (strong personal opinion)
I reckon they'll get married soon. (informal, usually an opinion about what is likely to happen)
I doubt we'll ever see total world peace. (don't believe)
I suspect a lot of people never even think about pollution when they're driving their own car. (have a strong feeling about something negative)


Phrases:

In my view/ in my opinion, we haven't made any progress.
She's made a big mistake, to my mind.
If you ask me, he ought to change his job.
From a teacher's point of view...
According to others...

Prepositions:

Do you believe in God?
What are your views on divorce?
What do you think of the new boss?
Are you for or against long prison sentences?
A have my doubts about this plan.

Adjectives:

Fanatical/obsessive
eccentric/odd
conservative/traditional
middle-of-the-road/moderate
dedicated/commited
firm/strong

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Megjegyzés: Megjegyzéseket csak a blog tagjai írhatnak a blogba.