2013. október 6., vasárnap

Spoken English - Starting and finishing a conversation

Starting a conversation with a stranger:
Exuse me, could you tell me the time, please?

Introduction:
Steve, this is Mary.
Steve, meet Mary.
Let me introduce you to Mr. White.
Let me introduce myself.

Saying hello - greetings:
Hello! Good morning!
Nice to meet you.
I'm glad to see you.
I haven't seen you for ages. / Long time no see.


How are you today?
I'm over the moon. (extremly happy)
I'm full of beans ( full of energy).
Fine, thanks.
Not bad. OK.

Starting a telephone conversation:
Hello. This is Frank. Can I speak to Mary, please?
Speaking.

Is that Mr. Tyler?
Who am I speaking?

Saying goodbye - farewell:
Well, I have to go now.
I must be off now.
Goodbye. (I'll) See you later.

Good wishes:
All the best.
Good luck.
Take care.
Have a good time.
Enjoy yourself.
Love to Mary./ Remember me to Mary.

Before drinking:
Cheers!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Megjegyzés: Megjegyzéseket csak a blog tagjai írhatnak a blogba.