2013. október 6., vasárnap

Spoken English - Telling and asking people to do things

Orders:
Dont'be long.
You must go to bed now.
You mustn't talk.
I want you to drink this.

Requests:
Would you mind giving me a lift? - Elvinnél?
Could you wait a minute, please?

Agreeing:
+ Sure. OK. All right, then. Yes, of course. Certainly. Definitely. Absolutely. No doubt.


Disagreeing:
- Unfortunately  I'm not free on Monday.
I'm sorry, but I have no time this evening.
I'm afraid I haven't got anything to spare.

Permission - asking:
May I / Can I sit here?

Do you mind if/ would you mind if I open the door?

Accepting, giving permission:
+ (Of course you may.) (No, I dont. No, I wouldn't.)
No problem. Sure. Go ahead.

Refusing:
- No, I'm afraid that is out of question./ that's not possible.
I'm sorry, it's taken. (foglalt)

Suggestion:
Asking:
What shall we do?
What can we do?
Have you got any ideas?

Shall we go for a walk?
What about a drink?
How about eating?

Do you fancy going to the picture? - Van kedved moziba menni?
Let's play tennis, shall we? - Értelmezése: Teniszezzünk, jó?

Agreeing:
+ Good idea. Fine. OK. Yes, let's do that.

Disagreeing:
- That would be nice, but I have to do the washing up first.
I don't feel like walking, actually. - valójában
I'm sorry. Let's go for a swim, instead. - helyette
I'd rather go to the park. - Én inkább
We'd better not tell him. - Jobban tennénk, ha nem mondanánk el neki.

 Advice - asking:

What should I do about my pimples?
What shall I do about my car.
Do you think I should have my hair cut?
Ok, I've been mistaken. What would you advise me to do?

Giving advice:

I think you should go home now.
I think you had better go home now.
If I were you, I'd offer to pay for the damage.

You'd better go.
I would rather you slept.
I'd rather you didn't make a fuss.
You'd better not to put on your dress.
We had better go home now.
You'd better have close your eyes.
(You'd better had left. - Jobb lett volna, ha elmész.)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Megjegyzés: Megjegyzéseket csak a blog tagjai írhatnak a blogba.